RMIT secure promotion with two games to go

A win today would mean RMIT are guaranteed promotion into State 4 for the 2017 season. The match was under threat of postponement due to ground issues. The pregame shambles seemed to throw the RMIT players off focus and it was a very poor start to the match. A smart move finally broke the deadlock.

Binyam Desta picked up the ball on the left and switched the play to Andres Castano who found Piers Brelsford with a first time pass. Brelsford drove towards to the bye line and passed the ball across the box for a tap in by Jol Latcham under the keeper.

RMIT started the second half looking like a different team and pressed Reservoir high up the pitch not giving them the chance to clear. The change of style proved fruitful when Mike Jones won the ball high up the pitch and played through Latcham who skipped past the keeper and played the ball back to Brelsford to slot home into an empty net.

A lapse in concentration gave the Yeti’s hope when a throw in was not dealt with and eventually the ball scrambled across the line after some failed clearances.

However it was not long before a poor Reservoir goal kick eventually found its way to Brelsford who calmly chipped the keeper for a spectacular second of the afternoon and RMIT where now cruising towards the victory that would see them promoted.

William Barkley came on to add some fresh legs to the attack and it took him only two touches to get in on the action. Latcham played the ball to Barkley who flicked it up and volleyed it in on the turn to make it 4-1.

The win means RMIT are now guaranteed promotion and are only one win away from securing the league title. Next up is Craigieburn City SC after a week break for the catch up rounds.

Castano (off 80 min)
Wood (off 60 min)
Boylan (off 75 min)
Latcham 1 goal
Brelsford 2 goals

O’Reilly (on 60 min)
Barkley 1 goal (on 75 min)
Zwawy (on 80 min)

No Replies to "RMIT secure promotion with two games to go"

    Got something to say?

    Some html is OK