About RMIT FC
RMIT Football Club offers an empowering, all inclusive environment in which members enjoy a competitive and social playing experience
Who we are
We are a diverse club that caters for all backgrounds through RMIT’s established campuses in the CBD, Carlton, and Bundoora. We have the following teams:
- Men’s State 5 North Seniors
- Men’s State 5 North Reserves
- Women’s State 3 North
- Men’s Metros Div 8
We also boast the following:
- National & International RMIT students as well as young & mature professionals actively playing for the club.
- Patnership with Victorian Human Rights Commission in pilot programs about gender equality and anti-homophobia.
- Part of the FFV campaign Racism Stops with Me. Racial Acceptance and Action.
- Been working with the University’s sustainability program; spreading awareness and maintaining an environmentally friendly football culture
How we got here
Since the clubs inception in 2009, RMIT Football Club has maintained success at all levels of competition that we have been involved in. Over the past five seasons RMIT Football Club has:
- Won three men’s division titles (2012, 2013, and 2016)
- Runners up three times (2009, 2011 and 2014)
- Won the Women’s State Division (2019)
- Won the Victorian Asian Football Federation cup in 2013
- In 2013 the First XI squad went the whole season winning every single game
- Achieved the Golden Boot winner for women’s State league and 3 players in top ten for best and fairest
Where are we going
RMIT FC now sees itself as an integral part of the sporting community at the university and the surrounding areas. With the Club’s consistent growth the coming twelve months will be as exciting as the previous years. The RMIT FC Board will be building on the success of the last 4 seasons to develop on the strong foundations already in place.