It’s an honor and privilege to begin my term as president of the RMIT football club. Our outgoing president, Jesse Mullins, deserves an enormous thank you. His efforts and the efforts of club members has resulted in a very successful 2016 season.
Some of the major successes over the last year include winning the State Mens State 5 Championship, promotion to State League 4, the addition of a new metros team and securing a major sponsor for the first time in the club’s history.
We must now carry on with this momentum and I have big plans for the club in 2016/2017 to achieve even greater success. Some of these including:
- Developing a football centric club culture
- Promote the Men’s State team to Division 3
- Establish an additional Women’s State team
- Financial Stability supported by sponsors memberships and donations
- Adequately staff the club to ensure a greater degree of support and professionalism.
It’s now time to start preparing for a very exciting year to come. WIth many challenges ahead, I call for all existing staff as well as the greater community to come forward and contribute in any way you can to help make 2017 the best year yet.